Website Vista Bank
Best known as the Entrepreneurs’ Bank, Vista Bank serves markets across North, Central, and West Texas, with recent expansion into South Florida through its banking ventures and emerging digital presence. With a Private Client offering, over 200 team members, almost $2 billion in assets, and a rich 111-year history of Entrepreneurs Banking Entrepreneurs, Vista offers innovative solutions to personal and commercial clients alike while never sacrificing its top priority – putting People First. Learn more about Vista Bank, consistently recognized regionally and nationally as a top-rated financial institution, leading commercial bank, best workplace, best leadership team, and best in customer service. Vista Bank is currently seeking a full-time Controller.
Vista Bank is currently seeking a full-time Vice President, Controller. The Controller will be responsible for the management & execution of the day-to-day general accounting function. As Vista Bank continues to experience growth, responsibilities may evolve over time. As a Controller, position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee daily accounting operations to ensure accurate reporting of the Company’s financial statements.
- Supervise/manage accounting team members (e.g., Accounting Manager, Senior Accountant, Junior Accountant, Accounts Payable).
- Preparation of management and executive financial reports on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis (including but not limited to: CEO financial reports, investor materials, monthly financial board report packages, etc.).
- Participate in preparation and management of annual internal and external audits and regulatory examinations.
- Assist with preparation of annual financial statements in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually evaluated for process improvements to achieve greater efficiencies, accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Manage and assist in month-end close procedures and ensure timeliness of reporting.
- Monthly reconciliation of subsidiary and holding company financials.
- Assist in the formulation and further development of internal controls and policies to comply with
legislation and established best practices by developing process narratives and control matrices.
- Maintain internal control policies.
- Assist with process improvement projects.
- Preparation of Regulatory Reports (e.g., Call Report, FR-9, FR-6, Summary of Deposits, etc.).
- Compliance with applicable company and banking regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of applicable work experience with both public and industry experience. Banking or related
field experience (e.g., financial services) preferred.
- Professional certifications preferred, not required (e.g., CPA).
- Experience implementing accounting processes and procedures.
- Understanding and knowledge of applicable GAAP.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (month-end close procedures,
internal/external financial reporting, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to an evolving environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill set.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with fellow employees and customers.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Reliable transportation.
- Must meet minimum credit standards and pass a criminal background check.
- Only applicants that have consented to a background and credit check will be considered.
Vista Bank offers a competitive benefits package including paid bank holidays.
Contact any Vista Bank location for an application.
Please direct inquiries to the Vista Bank Human Resources Department at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com