The Texas Bankers Foundation, the charitable arm of the Texas Bankers Association, proudly announces the 17 recipients of the 2022 50-Year Banker Awards. Each of the bankers elected are recognized for their exemplary and long-standing service to the banking industry.
“We are delighted to honor this year’s class of 50-Year Bankers and celebrate each of the individuals for their dedication and commitment to the banking industry,” said Chris Furlow, president & CEO of the Texas Bankers Association. “It is with great pride and admiration that we congratulate you on this milestone service anniversary.”
Launched in 1989 by the Texas Bankers Association, the 50-Year Banker Award to honor the men and women who have devoted 50 years or more of service to the banking industry. This esteemed group of bankers have seen the industry change dramatically throughout their time and continue to take pride in serving their communities.
Patrick Pace began his career at Friona State Bank in June 1972 as a field representative. In 1981, he went to work for Farmers National Bank of Rule and in 1999 joined Rule Banking Center, a branch of Hamlin National Bank, where he served on the board. In 2017, the bank was acquired by Vista Bank, where he serves as an SVP/market president. He has served his community through his involvement with the Haskell County Jr. Livestock Association, the City of Rule Council, Rule ISD Board of Trustees, Lions Club and the City of Rule Police Department (retired Texas Peace Officer). He served on the TBA board of directors and as the chairman of the TBA Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee.
The recipients of the 2022 50-Year Banker Award include:
- Laurel “Sissy” Phillips Austin, Austin Bank, Jacksonville
- Sharon W. Burran, Pinnacle Bank, Fort Worth
- Randal Clayton, First State Bank of Ben Wheeler
- Thomas E. Ellison, Commercial Bank of Texas, Nacogdoches
- Hortense Gutierrez, FirstCapital Bank of Texas, Marble Falls
- Jeffrey M. Harp, Jr., Castroville State Bank
- Louis E. Hart, Jr., Castroville State Bank
- Edwin E. (Buddy) Hayes, Texas Bank, Anna
- Bill Johnson, Texas National Bank, Sweetwater
- Harland Lambert, Pecos County State Bank, Fort Stockton
- Claude B. Leatherwood, Allegiance Bank, Houston
- M. Dale McGill, Allegiance Bank, Houston
- Frank Morris, First State Bank, Gainesville
- Patrick Pace, Vista Bank, Rule
- Jean Robinett-Findley, Santa Anna National Bank
- Gerald V. Sekula, Falls City National Bank
- Edward J. Zinsmeister, Rio Bank, McAllen
The 17 bankers were celebrated at the Texas Bankers Association’s 137th Annual Convention in Round Rock during a special awards luncheon.
To read the full article click here.