Record earnings driven by our metro markets and continued long-standing West Texas relationships.
2022 was the strongest year in Vista Bank's 111-year history.
The instability of the current economic climate has us all thinking strategically. However, we believe that times like this provide unique opportunities that separate the “good from the great.”
Recently ranked #20 out of 610 banks between $1-5 billion in assets nationally by CB Resource, Inc., Vista Bank remains intensely focused on core banking fundamentals including capital, liquidity, strategic M&A, and attracting and retaining the strongest talent in the industry.
Vista Bank at a Glance*
Vista Bancshares is a 111-year-old community bank holding company with $1.9 billion in assets and 17 locations spanning North, Central, West Texas and South Florida. With an innately conservative credit culture, Vista has a demonstrated history of maintaining resilient asset quality through a century of economic downturns. Having built a diverse loan portfolio with short-term maturities, Vista focuses on disciplined organic loan growth and strategic M&A opportunities. The board, founding family, and senior management control 60+% of the total shares, closely aligning our daily purpose with shareholder interest. Finally, in the past seven years, we’ve invested more than $15 million in software and information technology which speaks to our commitment to proactive risk management.*
- Privately owned
- Domiciled in Dallas, Texas
- CEO: John D. Steinmetz
- Asset Size: $1.9 billion
- Total Loans: $1.4 billion
- Total Deposits: $1.6 billion
- Number of Clients: 15,871
- Number of Team Members: 203
*Overview as of June 30, 2023 per publicly filed call report plus April 1, 2023 closing of Charis Family of Banks acquisition and Palm Beach expansion.
2022 Financial Highlights*
*per December 31, 2022 publicly filed call report.
June 30, 2023 YTD Financial Highlights
- YTD Net Income of $13.3 million.
- Returns on Average Assets and Equity of 1.65% and 14.16%, respectively.
- Robust Net Interest Margin of 4.77% and low Efficiency Ratio of 51.09%.
- Strong annualized loan and deposit growth of 38.0% (excl. PPP) and 41.3% respectively.
- Strong liquidity with cash and securities representing approximately 23.4% of total assets.
- Continued solid credit metrics with nonperforming assets of 0.05% of total assets.
*per publicly filed June 30, 2023 call report